Knowing what to play on the most romantic night of the year is tough. How do you even begin to figure out what songs are considered the “most” romantic? If you’re looking to put together a play list, look no further. The below 10 songs are proven to be the crème de la crème. How do we know? We looked at it a few different ways.
First we took a look at a list Billboard released last year of their top 50 songs with the word “love” in them. From there we narrowed it down to the five songs from their list that spent the most time at number 1 on their Hot 100 charts:
5. “Let Me Love You” – Mario (Number 1 for nine weeks in 2005)
4. “Endless Love” – Diana Ross & Lionel Richie (Number 1 for nine weeks in 1981)
3. “We Found Love” – Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna (Number 1 for 10 weeks in 2011)
2. “I’ll Make Love to You” – Boyz II Men (Number 1 for 14 weeks in 1994)
1. “I Will Always Love You” – Whitney Houston (Number 1 for 14 weeks in 1992)
Then we took a look at the list Spotifiy released in summer of 2016 of the most popular first dance songs. Spotify named these the top five based off of playlists called “First Dance” created by Spotify users:
5. “A Thousand Years” – Christina Perri
4. “All of Me” – John Legend
3. You Are the Best Thing” – Ray LaMontagne
2. “At Last” – Etta James
1. “Thinking Out Loud” – Ed Sheeran
It should be noted that when Spotify released their list in 2015, “A Thousand Years”, “All of Me” and “Thinking Out Loud” were all on that list too. So those songs may be extra romantic as they have survived two wedding seasons, we’ll see if they can make it a third when Spotify releases their list for 2017.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Written by Kristen
The Launchpad Blog is written and made possible by our team members at Ticket Galaxy. Each contributing writer shares their passion for the sports, music and entertainment industry.
Ticket Galaxy is the sports and entertainment industry’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to sport, concert, theater, and family events. Providing consumers with hard-to-get, sold-out, and discount tickets to live entertainment in the United States and abroad, Ticket Galaxy partners with some of the world’s most identifiable brands. Its retail website, TicketGalaxy.com, grants fans access to unmatched inventory, premiere customer service and secure ticket transactions in an easy-to-navigate environment, all with a 100% money-back guarantee.