It’s May 1st and everyone’s favorite meme was front and center all weekend. For those of you confused as to why you saw Justin Timberlake up and down your newsfeed I suggest you go back and listen to ‘N sync’s hit “It’s Gonna Be Me”.
Here are 5 reasons why “It’s Gonna Be May” is the best meme ever:
5. The gloriousness of this particular meme is that you actually have to have heard the song to understand it. Some may not get it, some may be confused by it but for the card carrying ‘N sync fan club members that are just waiting for the almighty words “Reunion Tour”, they get it.
4. “It’s Gonna Be Me” was released as a single off of ‘N Sync’s then, record setting album (thanks Adele) No Strings Attached in June of 2000. That’s 17 years ago and yet here we are talking about this pop tune. The meme itself may not be 17 years old, in fact it really only came to be in 2012 but hey, we aren’t in the game of splitting hairs.
3. It was a stroke of genius by the man who is behind some of the greatest pop hits of all time, Max Martin (“…Baby One More Time”, “Tearin’ Up My Heart”, “Teenage Dream”, “Shake It Off”). According to Timberlake, Martin gave the direction to add the twang to “me” that made it sound like “May” and well, the rest is meme history.
2. Celebrities love it! In 2014, then president, Barack Obama (or his social media team) posted an image of Timberlake and Obama with the simple caption, “It’s gonna be May.”
Then just last week, JT’s bandmate, Lance Bass Instagrammed an image that read “Roses are red. April is grey. But in a few weeks,” with Justin Timberlake’s face beneath it with a sly smile. He then went on to post about the meme again last night.
1. This meme is JT approved! The man himself acknowledged the meme in a 2016 tweet:
Written by Kristen
The Launchpad Blog is written and made possible by our team members at Ticket Galaxy. Each contributing writer shares their passion for the sports, music and entertainment industry.
Ticket Galaxy is the sports and entertainment industry’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to sport, concert, theater, and family events. Providing consumers with hard-to-get, sold-out, and discount tickets to live entertainment in the United States and abroad, Ticket Galaxy partners with some of the world’s most identifiable brands. Its retail website, TicketGalaxy.com, grants fans access to unmatched inventory, premiere customer service and secure ticket transactions in an easy-to-navigate environment, all with a 100% money-back guarantee.
COPYRIGHT 2016 TICKET GALAXY