Ed Sheeran is a Grammy-winning singer and songwriter from the U.K. Becoming famous may have seemed easy for a star like Sheeran. Although, Sheeran worked very hard to get where he is today. Sheeran was born on February 17, 1991 in Halifax, England. Sheeran was intrigued with music at a very young age. As a child, he learned to play the guitar and write his only songs. When he was only sixteen-years-old, Sheeran moved to London with only his guitar and necessities to develop his livelihood.
It was not long until thousands of people started to recognize his talent. After moving to London, Sheeran promoted himself with recording and selling compilations of songs (EPs) and performed hundreds of small gigs in 2009. Sheeran became increasingly more popular online in 2010 by posting 3 EPs in one year. He hit No. 1 on iTunes before he even signed with a record label.
Sheeran has been recognized for collaborating with Taylor Swift on her album Red, working with Beyoncé, and co-writing the song “Moments” that led to One Direction’s fame. To top that, Sheeran has sold more than 26 million albums and 100 million singles worldwide!
“Divide Tour:” Fall 2017
The “Divide Tour” was announced on January 26, 2017; Ed Sheeran’s third world wide concert tour. Sheeran began performing on March 16, 2017 in Turin, Italy. He performed in hundreds of sold-out arenas with no band to back him up. This music fanatic creates an electronic-stylized sound using both a loop pedal and his acoustic guitar.
Each song on ÷ is relatable in different levels for all people to enjoy. Sheeran’s 95-minute set consists of impressive lighting designed by Mark Cunniffe to entertain and surprise every single person who attends his show. Sheeran’s stage set up consists of twenty big screens playing clips of his top music videos, and an ambiguous North Korean mushroom back drop. Don’t miss out on the stadium portion of his tour ending this November.
Purchase Ed Sheeran tickets for his stadium tour!
1. “Castle on the Hill”- Sheeran had written and recorded “Castle on the Hill” in 2015. This song is based on Ed Sheeran’s hometown, Framingham.
2. “Perfect”- “Perfect” was produced by Ed Sheeran with Benny Blanco and Will Hicks. “Perfect” was known to be the first track written for his third studio album.
3. “Shape of You”- “Shape of You” is one of the Sheeran’s double lead singles from his third studio album. The song was written by not only Sheeran but Johnny McDaid and Steve Mac.
4. “Galway Girl”- “Galway Girl” has a substantial Irish folk beat that incorporates Irish traditional music. “Galway Girl” was written and recorded among Sheeran and the Irish folk band Beoga.
5. “Eraser”- “Eraser” was produced by Sheeran and Johnny McDaid. This song was written inside a tree house located in McDaid’s garden.
6. “Dive”- Sheeran wrote the song “Dive” with Julia Michaels and Benny Blanco in Malibu or March 2016. The guitar solo in dive was from Angelo Mysterioso while Jessie Ware provided backup vocals.
7. “How Would You Feel (Paean)” – “How Would You Feel (Paean)” is one of Sheeran’s more lengthy songs written and produced solely by himself. The base of this song is Sheeran writing to his current finance Cherry Seaborn while she was on the way to the airport to return home.
8. “Supermarket Flowers”- Sheeran portrays “Supermarket Flowers” to be a tribute for his grandmother while she was sick. While Sheeran was producing ÷, the hospital where his grandmother was staying at was located right by his studio. With that, Sheeran began to visit her on a daily basis. Once Sheeran’s grandmother passed, he performed the song at his funeral. He was insisted to put it on his upcoming album for the whole world to hear.
9. “New Man”- The song “New Man” is a sass diss song about an ex's new boyfriend written by Sheeran, Ammar Malik, Jessie Ware and Benjamin Levin; and produced by Benny Blanco and Sheeran.
10. “Happier” – “Happier” was written by Sheeran with Benny Blanco and Ryan Tedder. The song is known to be ÷’s top heartbreaking breakup track.
The Launchpad Blog is written and made possible by our team members at Ticket Galaxy. Each contributing writer shares their passion for the sports, music and entertainment industry.
Ticket Galaxy is the sports and entertainment industry’s leading marketplace to buy and sell tickets to sport, concert, theater, and family events. Providing consumers with hard-to-get, sold-out, and discount tickets to live entertainment in the United States and abroad, Ticket Galaxy partners with some of the world’s most identifiable brands. Its retail website, TicketGalaxy.com, grants fans access to unmatched inventory, premiere customer service and secure ticket transactions in an easy-to-navigate environment, all with a 100% money-back guarantee.